Home » Technical Description

Technical Description

Abstract

This assignment is about technical communication and how important it is to communicate effectively with others in order to succeed a task as well as how it will affect my future career. 

Having an understanding of technical communication standards is something that I deem to be important for both my major as well as my future career. Technical communication is something that is used all the time in the real world since communication is one of the most important tools when working with other individuals. Although I’m my major is currently undecided, I plan to major in Computer Science which involves a career path where technical communication is needed to be successful. When working with my peers it is essential that everyone is able to understand the task at hand. Some people, including myself, may be confused about how to perform a certain task. However, being able to effectively communicate the issue will help lead to a much more optimal experience when working with others. For example, if I was required to fix a certain code and were unable to figure it out, it would be better to ask coworkers or partners who have more experience and can assist me with the code. If I were to hide the fact that I was unable to fix the code, it would cause issues for both myself and my coworkers or partners since we would have to use precious time in order to find the issue which could have been resolved. To be able to survive in Computer Science, I must be able to use technical communication effectively and without it, it will be difficult to enter the field due to the number of people competing for a spot in the workforce.

complianceandethics.org. (n.d.). https://complianceandethics.org/strategies-open-effective-communication/.