Home » Peer Reviews

Peer Reviews

Abstract

This assignment is about peer reviews and my experience with them throughout the course of the semester. It illustrates what I believed to be helpful about peer review and some of the struggles I had with it.

Peer review is something that I believe to be valuable within the process of writing since it allows other people to give their insight as to what needs to be changed. Throughout the semester, I have written several pieces where I believed that changes did not need to be made. However, when receiving insight from my peers, I realized that there were certain moments where I learned that my writing can be improved even further. There were moments where I had missed simple details that were needed to be fixed for the assignments and my peers were able to point out what I needed to fix. Whether the advice from my peers were extremely significant or not as significant, I took it to consideration and was able to decide for myself whether or not changes should be made. Although there were moments where I couldn’t understand why certain things in my writing needed to be changed, I understood the fact that there may be some things in my writing that I am not aware of. All in all, peer review is something that was very useful throughout the semester and learning how to use the advice from my peers was something that I believe helped me grow as a writer.

Science, D. (2016, September 30). Is #peerreview a blackbox? Peer review themed cartoon to get into that #FridayFeeling #PerRevWk16 #sciart #funfriday @Publons @arhpreston pic.twitter.com/7sKNeh8xcM. Twitter. https://twitter.com/digitalsci/status/781860071831642113.